Story Time [Nampa]

That super awkward moment when you think it's Tuesday, and your parents inform you that it's actually Wednesday and you realize you are a day late on story time, even though you thought you were on the right day. So I apologize for being a day late on story time, but this one is quite hilarious.



Two years ago I heard about a beloved EFY friends mission farewell, and I wanted to go so bad!! SO BAD!!! But there was one problem and that was that the farewell was in Boise, Idaho. So who better to ask to accompany me on the weekend trip to Idaho than my two best friends, Candice and Shelby.

They were just as excited as I was! So the day that we were to leave for the trip came and we were a little slow hitting the road. (meaning my bed was abnormally comfortable that morning and we didn't leave until about 3.)

We underestimated how long the drive would feel... haha because we were going mad. We blasted disney and broadway soundtracks and sang along at the top of our lungs.
Also if you are belting "Defying Gravity" from Wicked and going 100 mph, then be sure to sing to the speed limit sign when its says "YOU CAN'T HOLD ME DOWN". It's quite satisfying.

So we arrived in Boise about 9:30ish? (Ya it took us a lot longer than it should have due to getting lost after getting gas halfway there). Anyways after being turned down at 3 different hotels because we were just shy of 18, and I didn't believe in lying about my age, we finally got a hotel thanks to Candice's mom and cousin! So after we dropped all our bags in the hotel we were STARVING!! So Chili's was the only restaurant open at 10:30 at night in Idaho. So I get in the turning lane because I can see Chili's on the corner. The light turns green. I turn left. I end up getting on the freeway to NAMPA!!!!! WHO HAS EVER HEARD OF NAMPA IDAHO!!!! At this point Candice is screaming, Shelby is crying she is laughing so hard, and I am yelling for someone to map the way back to chilis!!!

I take the next exit from Nampa. I end up at a red light and the street name is "U stick". Then to top it off there's a hotel called "U Stick Inn". So now we are all crying because we are laughing so hard and we're all screaming "LET'S STAY AT U STICK INN!!!"

Anyways we finally get back to chili's. At this point it's about 11:15 at night. We have gone through every emotion possible and are so hungry our stomachs hurt. Our waiters bring us water and Candice spills her water all over her. She was D.O.N.E. after that, but me and Shelby were dying!!!!

please notice Candice's reaction
We eat. Our moods improve A TON. We get back to our hotel and start getting ready for bed. If you know me well, you know I'm a picture addict. So I set up the self timer and we take a couple cute pictures and on the last one, my foot falls on Shelby's stomach and I knock the wind right out of her. It was so funny and I felt so bad, but I couldn't stop laughing.

So the next morning was the farewell! We woke up and went and it was great and I got a picture with my EFY company. Then we left and started for home!!! We headed HOME!! This is the funniest part to me because we were only in Boise for a total of about 12 hours and it was a 3 day weekend, so we totally could have stayed an extra day! Poor decision by us. Don't let us plan your road trip.

But on the drive home we get to the CUTEST town called Glenns Ferry. It was instantaneous love. We were seriously in love with this town. It basically made up for every bad thing that happened on that trip! We finally got back to AF mid sunday evening and the next week I think we avoided each other for a solid 5 days. We were back to normal after that.


So lesson from the story: If you take a road trip with friends make sure you book a hotel BEFORE you get there, bring snacks and showtunes, and please check your school schedule because you could be able to stay an extra day on vacation.  



1 comments:

 

Blogger news

Blogroll

About