Velcro Hearts

I remember a year ago when Mckay left to New York. 
We skyped on Thanksgiving for 1:35:00 
I remember we could have talked for hours more and never run out of things to say

I remember sprinting up his driveway
Wrapping my arms so tightly around his shoulders
like it had been months since the last time I saw him. 

"Absence makes the heart grow fonder" 
He would always say to me. 

I remember when he left to Washington D.C. 
I was sitting on the couch 
texting him. 
My chest hurt. My heart ached. 

I then came up with the most beautiful analogy 
 That we adopted into our regular vocabulary quickly
  
 "We have Velcro hearts.
They're just stretched apart right now" 

I remember the day that Mckay left on his mission
It felt as if I could feel him physically getting farther away
I still feel that way sometimes

We just have Velcro Hearts I guess. 
That clung to each other the minute they made contact.
 They're just stretched apart right now

I can't wait for them to stick together again.  



2 comments:

 

Blogger news

Blogroll

About